Vanilla Ice Cream Will Never Be The Same
Once you try this amazingly delicious apple topping served piping hot over vanilla ice cream, it will be your new favorite.
This apple cinnamon topping transforms vanilla ice cream into a delectable dessert. It tastes like apple pie a la mode without the crust — comfort food to the max. Did I mention it's made with brown butter and brown sugar-coated walnuts? This topping is super easy and quick to make. It's one of those things you can make in a jiff with just a few ingredients from your pantry and a couple of apples. It can be served right from the skillet to the ice cream. Old-fashioned goodness at its best.
Brown butter and apple cinnamon ice cream topping recipe
Serves 3 to 4
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dashes salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop the apples into about 1-inch pieces. Set aside for a moment.
- Heat a medium-size skillet on low to medium heat.
- In the skillet, add the butter and stir until it starts to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes).
- Then add the brown sugar and walnuts. Continuously stir the mixture until the walnuts are coated on all sides (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the apples, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Stir all ingredients together.
- Add the water and continue stirring.
- Cook until the apples start to get soft (but not mushy) and the liquid reduces to a syrup-type consistency (about 6 or 7 minutes).
- Serve hot over vanilla ice cream.
More ice cream topping recipes
Vanilla ice cream topping recipe
Creamy milk caramel topping recipe
Pineapple and brown sugar topping recipe