Add this grilled tandoori chicken with grilled onions and lemons to your weekly recipe repertoire!
Serving this home-grilled version of tandoori chicken with grilled onions and lemons not only makes for a beautiful presentation, but packs the chicken with Indian flavor and finesse!
Grilled tandoori chicken with grilled onions and lemons recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lemons, sliced into circles
- 2 onions, sliced into circles
- Cooking spray
- Mix all the ingredients (with the exception of the onions and lemons) together until well mixed. Add your chicken to the marinade, cover and chill for at least an hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Spray lemon slices and onion circles with cooking spray on both sides. Place onions and lemons on the grill and grill until charring and fragrant, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off excess marinade and then spray the chicken with cooking spray on both sides.
- Place chicken on the grill and allow it to sit 4-5 minutes before flipping. Flip chicken over and grill an additional 5-6 minutes. You want the chicken to have a bit of char on both sides. (The chicken is done when its juices run clear.)
- Let chicken rest a few minutes before slicing and serving with the grilled onions and lemons and prepared basmati rice if desired.
More grilled chicken recipes
Honey chipotle lime grilled chicken kabobs recipe
Grilled honey-balsamic chicken with red onion plum sauce recipe
Asian grilled chicken recipe