Simple Italian salad
Insalata caprese is a perfect combination of simple flavors: fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil. This Italian salad makes a perfect light lunch or appetizer.
Delicious dishes don't have to be complicated. This easy layered salad looks as good as it tastes.
Insalata caprese recipe
Serves 2-4 as an appetizer
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- About 6 large basil leaves
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Layer the slices of mozzarella, tomato and basil on a plate, alternating ingredients.
- Top with sliced red onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil and vinegar, to taste.
More Daily Flavor
Bruschetta with tomatoes and basil
Fresh mozzarella with anchovies and truffle oil