How to make overnight oat bars
Easy and t'OAT'ally delish!
Whether you make these oatmeal bars a night ahead, or as a late afternoon snack, they're sure to please both you and the munchkins.
Overnight oat bar recipe
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups classic oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups Silk soy milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray until the bottom and insides are well-coated.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in one bowl; stir well. Add half of the walnuts, strawberries and chocolate chips to the mixture until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix the soy milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract until blended together.
- Add the dry oat mixture to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, strawberries and walnuts on the oats. Thinly slice the banana and distribute evenly on top.
- Pour the milk mixture evenly over the oats, and shake the pan so the liquid soaks through the layers.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- To end on an even sweeter note, sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the casserole dish when it is still warm out of the oven. Slice and serve.
More oatmeal recipes
Chocolate oatmeal and caramelized bananas
3 Oatmeal cookie cocktail recipes
Oatmeal brulee recipe
Recommended for You