Breakfast pizza recipe
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, roast the sweet potato until soft, approximately 1 hour.
- Once cooked, place the sweet potato on a cool cutting surface and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice it in half and scoop out one side of the potato with a spoon and discard the skin. Place the scooped potato into a food processor and blend until smooth. This puree will act as the sauce for the pizza.
- Next, preheat oven to 450 degrees F and peel the remaining half of the sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Gently toss the cubes of sweet potato in the seasonings. Roast cubes in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft but not crisp. Remove sweet potato cubes and let cool.
- Lightly flour a clean flat work space and set out whole wheat pizza dough at room temperature. Divide dough into 4 even parts. Roll out each ball of dough with a rolling pin into the shape of small pizza. Transfer the flattened dough to a lightly greased edgeless baking sheet.
- Spread the sweet potato puree evenly over the pizza dough. Top the puree with shredded Gouda cheese and roasted sweet potato cubes. Carefully crack 1 egg in the middle of each pizza, keeping the yolk whole.
- Bake pizzas at 450 degrees F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes carefully remove baking sheet and let pizzas sit directly on baking rack for 2-4 minutes.
- Season each to taste with salt and pepper and top each pizza with chopped chives. Enjoy your gourmet breakfast pizza!
More pizza recipes
Avocado and egg breakfast pizza
Pizza for breakfast: 3 Tasty recipes
Homemade breakfast pizza