Pretty pink pancake recipe
- 2-4 beets
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 cups white flour
- 1-1/4 cups powdered milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- Place beets in a glass pan and cook at 400 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours. Let them cool on the counter overnight.
- Once the beets are cooled, peel and slice. Place the beets in a food processor and puree into a soft creamy paste. Add a drop of water to minimize the chunks. Two beets will give you a little more than 1/2 cup puree.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, white flour, powdered milk, sugar, baking powder and salt to make the pancake mix.
- In another large bowl add 1-1/2 cups of pancake mix, water, canola oil, egg and 1/3 cup of beet puree. Mix with a hand mixer. The batter to be on the thinner side, but not too watery.
- Heat a pan or skillet with a little butter. Pour batter to form individual pancakes. Cook one side and then flip.
- Finally, serve with a tall glass of Silk fruit and protein mixed berry juice, for a pretty pink and purple breakfast the kids will absolutely love.
More breakfast ideas
Apple ring pancakes
Kick food cravings with a protein-rich breakfast
Protein-packed breakfast ideas