The bacon and cilantro flavor in this macaroni salad is just meant to be.
For a twist on the basic macaroni salad, try this recipe out for size. It has bits of real bacon and the fresh taste of cilantro in every bite. Oh, and there's also some veggie crunch to this salad, too. It's a great pasta salad to bring to a potluck, party or just have at home as a delicious side dish. It's super simple to make. Just boil the pasta, do some chopping and mix all of the ingredients in one large bowl. How easy is that?
Macaroni salad with bacon and cilantro recipe
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add the cooked pasta, red bell pepper, real bacon bits, onion, cilantro, celery, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- With a large spoon, gently mix all of the ingredients together until the macaroni is evenly coated with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve chilled.
More recipes with pasta
Chicken macaroni salad
Caprese pasta salad
Easy chicken pasta salad