Your Favorite Cake, For Breakfast!
Good old-fashioned homemade pancakes are a great way to start the day. Adding the goodness of carrots and raisins makes us all feel a little less guilty about cake for breakfast! Make it a little healthier and top it with fresh fruit and yogurt instead of syrup.
I love carrot cake filled with warm spices and plump raisins. Any excuse to eat it for breakfast is fine by me!
Carrot cake pancake recipe
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large carrots, peeled, grated and pressed between stacks of paper towels
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat a grilled or large skillet, spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle.
- Cook until the edges start to look dry, and the underside is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through
More pancake recipes
Bacon corn pancakes
Banana pistachio pancakes with reduced Marsala syrup
Amaretti pancakes with peaches