Crisp white wine and loads of fruit keep things bright and fun with this summer melon sangria recipe.
Since the summer solstice on June 21 marks the longest day of the year, make it a point to celebrate! This summer melon sangria recipe makes a perfect drink to toast the festivities.
We loaded this delicious sangria with cantaloupe, watermelon and peaches, but you can mix things up if you'd like: use honeydew melon, pears or toss in some berries, too. Any light, crisp wine works well in this recipe. We used Skinnygirl Moscato wine, a low-cal, sparkly and sweet wine with loads of fruit flavor. Summer melon sangria is the perfect drink to celebrate the season!
Summer melon sangria recipe
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Skinnygirl Moscato wine
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cantaloupe (about 2 cups), cut into cubes
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 peaches, cut into thin slices
- 5-6 basil leaves, more for garnish
- Add the wine, peach schnapps and ginger ale to a large pitcher. Add the fruit and basil leaves.
- Use a large spoon to stir the ingredients, and to press lightly on the basil leaves to help release their flavor.
- Allow the mixture to chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Pour the sangria into glasses filled with ice, spoon in several cubes of the fruit and garnish with basil leaves.
Celebrate the summer with sangria!
More sangria recipes
Blood orange frozen sangria
3 Unique sangria recipes