We've all heard the phrase "clean eating" but what does it mean exactly? Here we explain what clean eating means, offer tips on how to eat clean and three delicious recipes to get you started.
Fresh fruit-infused water recipe
Tip: This is great to keep on hand and sip throughout your day especially when you want something with flavor.
- 1 large plastic or glass pitcher
- 1 gallon filtered water
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit (Add a variety of chopped fresh fruits such as nectarines, apples, berries, citrus, melon, kiwi, grapes or pineapple)
- Fresh herbs such as rosemary or fresh mint
- Add the gallon of filtered water to the pitcher. Add the fresh fruit and herbs and mix well.
- Allow the water to chill several hours to help the flavors blend.
Clean deviled eggs recipe
Serves 6 (2 halves per person)
- 6 organic eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Paprika and fresh parsley as garnish (optional)
- Slice each hard-boiled egg in half, removing the yolks. In a bowl add the yolks, Greek yogurt, mustard and chives, mixing everything well until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste the mixture and season as desired with salt.
- Spoon the filling into each of the egg halves. Garnish with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of paprika. Chill until ready to serve.
Clean-eating baked coconut shrimp recipe
Adapted by the gracious pantry
- 1 pound peeled shrimp, deveined
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg whites and the coconut oil, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut, panko breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powder, mixing well to combine.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg white mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
More clean eating inspiration
5 ways to use chia seeds
Shredded veggie summer slaw
Strawberry basil quinoa salad