When it comes to the summer months, we know the grill is king and salads reign supreme! For a Sunday dinner, try this recipe for teriyaki pasta salad with beef — the flavors are different from the standard pasta salads, and the grilled beef adds even more flavor and substance to this easy-to-make dish.
Teriyaki pasta salad with beef recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (start with 2 and add more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (6 ounce) rib eye beef steaks (or your favorite cut)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame, thawed if using frozen
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds as garnish
- Add the oil, white wine vinegar, teriyaki sauce and garlic to a large bowl and whisk until it's blended. Set the mixture aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When it's finished cooking, drain it and transfer it to the teriyaki mixture. Toss to coat it, cover and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
- Lightly spray your grill grate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the beef on both sides with the salt and pepper. Grill the beef over medium-high heat, flipping it once or twice, until done (the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says that a safe, minimum internal temperature for beef is 145 degrees F as measured with a meat thermometer).
- Set the beef aside. Cut it into thin strips once it has cooled to the touch.
- Add the grilled beef and the remaining vegetables to the chilled pasta, and toss it so all the ingredients are well coated.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Take pasta salad to a new level!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Pasta with arugula pesto and grilled chicken
California turkey burgers
Shrimp and arugula sandwiches