Warm grilled chicken breasts are combined with spicy greens, sweet pears, crunchy pine nuts and tossed in a slightly sweet yet savory dressing. Serve with a chilled glass of white wine for a delicious light summer meal.
This is a simple yet elegant way to jazz up your summer dinner. Served warm, this light yet filling chicken salad is tossed with refreshing flavors and textures such as sweet pears, juicy grilled chicken and fresh greens.
Grilled chicken with pears and toasted pine nuts recipe
Adapted from farmhouse delivery
For the chicken
- 2 warm grilled chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 cups organic spring mix
- 2 pears, very thinly sliced
- 4 sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
For the dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the chicken, spring mix, peppers, pears and pine nuts.
- Toss with the dressing and add to dinner plates and serve immediately.
You can also use leftover baked chicken or even rotisserie chicken breast for this recipe to save time.
More grilled chicken recipes
Asian grilled chicken
Easy grilled chicken tenders
Grilled honey balsamic chicken with red onion plum sauce