Hearty, Rich, And Delicious, This Vegetable-Dense Soup Is The Perfect Meal To Eat On St. Patrick's Day Or Any Occasion Your Body Is Craving Belly-Warming Nutrition.
Hearty, rich, and delicious, this vegetable-dense soup is the perfect meal to eat on St. Patrick's Day or any occasion your body is craving belly-warming nutrition.
Hearty, rich, and delicious, this vegetable-dense soup is the perfect meal to eat on St. Patrick's Day or any occasion your body is craving belly-warming nutrition.Irish Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 poundsÂ potatoes, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More vegan soup recipes!
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until the onion softens.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, loosely covered, for 30 minutes or until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree part of the soup to make it creamy. You still want chunks of vegetables visible.
- Season to taste and serve hot.