Whether You're Having A Hard Time Getting The Kids To Be Impressed With Veggies Or You Want An Impressive Way To Serve A Salad The Next Time You Have Guests, This Fancy Avocado Apple Salad Is One To Keep On Your Go-To Dinner Menu.
Whether you're having a hard time getting the kids to be impressed with veggies or you want an impressive way to serve a salad the next time you have guests, this fancy avocado apple salad is one to keep on your go-to dinner menu.
Whether you're having a hard time getting the kids to be impressed with veggies or you want an impressive way to serve a salad the next time you have guests, this fancy avocado apple salad is one to keep on your go-to dinner menu.Fancy Avocado Apple Salad
Serves 6 to 8Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 strips vegan bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- 2 apples, cored, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared vegan pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 long cucumber
- Fresh fennel fronds for garnish
More vegan salad recipes!
- In a medium bowl, combine bacon, avocado, apple, and lemon juice, tossing to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and pesto to thin pesto to a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle just a bit of pesto into avocado mixture and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a sharp vegetable peeler to slice cucumber lengthwise into thick strips.
- For each salad, set cucumber slice on its side on a salad plate and bring ends together to make a circle. Fix ends together with a cocktail toothpick or regular toothpick (just make sure to tell your kids and dinner guests it's there).
- Fill each cucumber circle with avocado salad. Drizzle salad and the plate with pesto.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
- Serve immediately.