An Interesting Combination Of Sweet And Savory, This Warm, Creamy Soup Is The Perfect Starter To A Meal. Floating A Pear Slice On Top Gives The Soup A Fun Presentation.
An interesting combination of sweet and savory, this warm, creamy soup is the perfect starter to a meal. Floating a pear slice on top gives the soup a fun presentation.
An interesting combination of sweet and savory, this warm, creamy soup is the perfect starter to a meal. Floating a pear slice on top gives the soup a fun presentation. Parsnip Pear Soup
- 3Â tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 leeks, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds parsnips, diced
- 1/2 pound pears, cored, diced plus a whole pear, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder plus more for garnish
- Pinch of cayenne
- Fresh herbs of your choice, for garnish
More delish vegan soup recipes!
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Add broth, leeks, parsnips and pears. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low to simmer.
- Add curry and cayenne, stirring to incorporate. Simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnips are very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pear slices in a single layer and cook, flipping occasionally, until just lightly browned. Do this in batches with a little more oil if needed. Set aside and keep warm.
- Use an immersion blender to puree. Adjust consistency with additional broth, if needed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup into bowls and float a pear slice on top of each soup. Garnish with extra curry and chopped herbs of your choice.