Risotto Is The Ultimate Comfort Food, Especially When Its Made With A Healthy Protein, Such As Beans, And Enjoyed As A One-Dish Meal. Another Bonus Of This Risotto Is That You Don't Have To Stir It Constantly.
Risotto is the ultimate comfort food, especially when its made with a healthy protein, such as beans, and enjoyed as a one-dish meal. Another bonus of this risotto is that you don't have to stir it constantly.
Risotto is the ultimate comfort food, especially when its made with a healthy protein, such as beans, and enjoyed as a one-dish meal. Another bonus of this risotto is that you don't have to stir it constantly.Roasted Red Pepper Risotto with Kidney Beans
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2-1/2Â cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Combine rice and 1 cup of the broth in a small bowl and set aside overnight. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle in paprika and oregano and give a quick stir.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until liquid evaporates.
- Add broth, reserved soaking liquid, and rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Stir in red peppers. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook and stir until rice is tender.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.