If You're Over Chili And Plain Old Beans, But Still Craving A Flavorful Fiber- And Protein-Rich Dish, This Black Bean Stew Is For You.
If you're over chili and plain old beans, but still craving a flavorful fiber- and protein-rich dish, this black bean stew is for you.
If you're over chili and plain old beans, but still craving a flavorful fiber- and protein-rich dish, this black bean stew is for you.Black Bean Stew
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
More delish vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bell peppers to the pot. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and black beans. Bring to a low boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and thyme. Simmer for 1 more minute. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.