This Hearty Meal Will Warm Your Bones And Deliciously Fill Your Belly. Boasting Roasted Squash And Baby Beets, Chickpeas, Tomatoes, And Arugula, It's The Perfect Vegan Dinner To Transition From Winter To Spring.
This hearty meal will warm your bones and deliciously fill your belly. Boasting roasted squash and baby beets, chickpeas, tomatoes, and arugula, it's the perfect vegan dinner to transition from winter to spring.
This hearty meal will warm your bones and deliciously fill your belly. Boasting roasted squash and baby beets, chickpeas, tomatoes, and arugula, it's the perfect vegan dinner to transition from winter to spring.Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas with Arugula
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 bunch babyÂ beets
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 pintÂ cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pomegranate molasses
More vegan dinner recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Poke acorn squash a bunch of times with a knife.Â Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until squashÂ gives just a bit when squeezedÂ (you don't want it to be mushy).
- Use a sharp knife to cut squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and peel the squash. Cut into large cubes.
- Place beets in a microwave-safe bowl withÂ a couple tablespoons of water. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until beets start to soften.
- Place beets and squash on a roasting sheet and drizzled with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until squash and beets are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olives, tomatoes, chickpeas, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with pomegranate molasses and a generous pour of olive oil.
- Add squash and beets and toss to coat with molasses and olive oil. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.