Meatless Vegan Burger
Quinoa is not only a tasty protein-rich vegan ingredient, it is also ultra-versatile and can be transformed into many a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. In this vegan meal, quinoa becomes a hearty meat-free burger.
Easy herby quinoa burger recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for patties
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced mixed fresh herbs
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1-1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, mashed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, herbs, cashews, garbanzo beans, quinoa, water, lemon zest and juice, oregano, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
- Form into 6 patties and place in the refrigerator while oven heats.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush patties with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties on a baking sheet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Flip and continue to cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- Serve burgers with your favorite bun and toppings.
More vegan recipes
Vegan spicy pumpkin soup with lemongrass and coconut milk
Vegan shiitake bacon
Vegan cherry chocolate ice cream