Sauteed Peppers, Red Onions, And Mushrooms Turn Quinoa Into A Colorful And Delicious Vegan Dinner Dish.
Sauteed peppers, red onions, and mushrooms turn quinoa into a colorful and delicious vegan dinner dish.
Sauteed peppers, red onions, and mushrooms turn quinoa into a colorful and delicious vegan dinner dish.Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms on Quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
More vegan dinner recipes!
- In a large pot, bring quinoa and broth to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oilÂ in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers, onion, and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until peppers are lightly charred.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve quinoa topped with pepper mixture. Garnish with basil and pine nuts.