The Recent Storm That Hit The Northeast As Well As The Cold Temps In The West Have Inspired Many A Soup Recipe. This Broccoli Soup Recipe Is Chockful Of Nutrients To Help Bolster The Immune System While It's Warm, Creaminess Will Break The Chill In Your
The recent storm that hit the Northeast as well as the cold temps in the West have inspired many a soup recipe. This broccoli soup recipe is chockful of nutrients to help bolster the immune system while it's warm, creaminess will break the chill in your body.
The recent storm that hit the Northeast as well as the cold temps in the West have inspired many a soup recipe. This broccoli soup recipe is chockful of nutrients to helpÂ bolster the immune system while it's warm, creaminess will break the chill in your body.Broccoli Soup
- 1-1/2 pounds broccoli crowns
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped freshÂ parsley leaves
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup homemade coconut almond milk (with the consistency of buttermilk)
- Black peppercorns
- Fresh mint
More tasty vegan soup recipes!
- Cut the broccoli florets from the stalks. Peel the tough outer skin from the stalks and trim off the fibrous ends. Dice the stalks.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic, onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, broccoli stalk, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper, to taste, and bring to a high simmer.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and continue to cook until very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and lemon zest. Stir to combine and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to wilt spinach.
- Remove pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Set pot over low heat and stir in the coconut almond milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot garnished with black peppercorns and fresh mint.