Delicious Enchilada Casserole In Minutes
No more having to prep and work all day on making traditional enchiladas, easy and delicious way to enjoy the meal without all the work.
Easier than making traditional enchiladas that you have to fill and roll, this vegan enchilada casserole is a mouthwatering layered Mexican dish you can pull together in minutes.
Layered enchilada casserole recipe
- 1 pound tempeh
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (8 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the tempeh and onion, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, vinegar, oil, taco seasoning, coriander and cumin.
- Place 3 tortillas in the prepared baking dish. Layer with half of the tempeh mixture and vegan sour cream. Repeat the layers.
- Top with bell pepper, tomato and cilantro. Scatter evenly with vegan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
More vegan Mexican recipes
More vegan Mexican recipes!
Vegan spinach and tofu enchiladas
Vegan tamale pie