A Festive, Vegan Twist On PB&J
Whether you're hosting a kid-friendly Valentine's Day party or you simply love heart-shaped foods, we've got a great idea for elevating the usual PB&J to a gourmet treat. Not a fan of peanut butter? No worries, we've got a few other tasty alternatives.
Heart-Shaped PB&Js and Beyond
- Assorted types of bread (sliced)
- Peanut butter, almond butter, tahini or other nut/seed butter
- Different types of fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a single heart-shaped cookie cutter or make different sizes of hearts with an assortment of heart-shaped cookie cutters.
- Lay bread slices in a single layer on a large cutting board and cut out hearts with the cookie cutter(s).
- Spread hearts in a single layer on 1 or 2 cookie sheets. Brush lightly with coconut oil.
- Toast for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
- Spread heart toasts with nut/seed butter, preserves, caramel sauce, and cream cheese.
- Serve the hearts on a large platter, allowing kids (or adults) to assemble their own sandwich -- or eat open-faced.
More Vegan Recipes!
Vegan Meatball Pizza
Tailgating Lentil Spinach Soup
End of Summer Sorbet Sandwiches