Black Eyed Peas Are A Fun Swap For Chickpeas In This Hummus Recipe From Del Frisco’S Grille. Serve It As A Healthy Vegan Appetizer Or Lunch Dish. This Hummus Is Especially Delicious Because You Make It From Scratch.
Black eyed peas are a fun swap for chickpeas in this hummus recipe from Del Frisco’s Grille. Serve it as a healthy vegan appetizer or lunch dish. This hummus is especially delicious because you make it from scratch.
Black eyed peas are a fun swap for chickpeas in this hummus recipe from Del Frisco’s Grille
. Serve it as a healthy vegan appetizer or lunch dish. This hummus is especially delicious because you make it from scratch.
Black Eyed Pea Hummus
Black eyed peas:
- 1 pound black eyed peas
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 gallons water
- Soak the black eyed peas overnight in cold water and cover.
- Break off garlic cloves and take the skin off.
- Cut the celery stalk into 2 inch pieces.
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot. When the water comes to a boil, add the salt and the remaining ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas are tender.
- Drain the water and discard the bay leaves. Keep the garlic cloves and celery.
- Spread black eyed peas on a baking sheet and cool.
1 medium lemon
2 tablespoons chopped flat head parsley
Cooled black eyed pea mixture
1/3 cup extra virgin oil
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
More vegan lunch recipes!
- Take a lemon and roll with palm of hand to loosen up the juices. Cut in half and squeeze into a mixing bowl. Make sure to fork out the seeds.
- Take the parsley off the stem and chop. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a food processor or a blender to blend all the ingredients.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and to desired consistency. Add more oil if it is too thick. Adjust seasonings.
- When it reaches the desired consistency, serve with pita bread, bagel chips, toasted baguettes, and assorted crackers.