We've taken the great taste of hummus and jazzed it up with black-eyed peas. This is one lucky and delicious dish.
Hummus doesn't just have to be made with chickpeas. This smooth and flavor-packed hummus is made with black-eyed peas, cilantro and lots of Southwestern spices. It's a perfect dish for New Year's Day and is sure to bring good luck to anyone who takes a dip.
Black-eyed pea hummus recipe
Yields 4 servings
- 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, add black-eyed peas, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- While the processor is running drizzle in olive oil until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh crackers, pita bread and vegetables.
More hummus recipes
No-bake hummus pizza recipe
Pumpkin hummus recipe
Hummus melt recipe