Add These Crispy-Coated Tofu Sticks To Your Super Bowl Appetizer Menu To Give Your Vegetarian Friends A Tasty Munch.
Super Bowl is coming up and we've got a simple vegetarian-friendly appetizer recipe for you to serve to your game day fans.
Super Bowl is coming up and we've got a simple vegetarian-friendly appetizer recipe for you to serve to your game day fans.Vegetarian: Double-Dipper Tofu Sticks
- 1 (14-ounce) package House Premium or Organic Tofu - Extra Firm, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Flour to coat tofu sticks
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle spear, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
More vegetarian recipes!
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and press to remove all excess water from tofu, making sure tofu does not break.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch widths (approx. 2-inch lengths) sticks.
- Whisk egg in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place tofu on a plate, coat lightly with flour and cover all sides of tofu with flour.
- Dip into whisked egg, transer tofu sticks into the bread crumbs, coat all sides.
- Heat oil (about 1-inch) in a large frying pan over medium-high.
- Add tofu and cook until color becomes golden brown.
- Remove tofu and transfer to another place using layered paper towels.
- For the sauces, add ingredients of Sauce #1 to one small bowl and add Sauce #2 ingredients in a separate small bowl and mix each well.
- Serve immediately with the sauces.