Stir Things Up In The Kitchen With This Brand New Gluten-Free Stir Fry Recipe Created By Gluten-Free Chef And Food Writer Carol Kicinski. Not Only Is It A Healthy Weeknight Dinner Idea, It Only Requires A Few Ingredients And Can Be On The Table In Minutes
Stir things up in the kitchen with this brand new gluten-free stir fry recipe created by gluten-free chef and food writer Carol Kicinski. Not only is it a healthy weeknight dinner idea, it only requires a few ingredients and can be on the table in minutes.
Tofu and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Stir things up in the kitchen with this brand new gluten-free stir fry recipe created by gluten-free chef and food writer Carol Kicinski. Not only is it a healthy weeknight dinner idea, it only requires a few ingredients and can be on the table in minutes.Â
- 1/4 cup San-J Gluten-Free Tamari
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil, use divided
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine the San-J Gluten-Free Tamari with the chili garlic sauce, set aside.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes, pat dry with paper towels and put into a mixing bowl with the cornstarch, toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat until it starts to shimmer, add half the tofu in an even layer in the pan. Cook the tofu undisturbed for 2 minutes. Gently flip and stir the tofu. Continue to cook and stir until the tofu is lightly golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the tofu to a plate and set aside. Heat 1 more tablespoon of oil in the pan and cook the remaining tofu the same way. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the green beans. Cook the green beans, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook the beans for 3 minutes or until they are bright green and crisp tender.
- Increase the heat back up to high, add the reserved sauce mixture and boil for 1 minute or until it reduces slightly.
- Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.