If You're Looking For A One-Bowl Meal, Toss Together This Colorful, Sweet And Savory Salad Featuring Sweet Potatoes, Dried Apricots, Spinach, And Quinoa.
If you're looking for a one-bowl meal, toss together this colorful, sweet and savory salad featuring sweet potatoes, dried apricots, spinach, and quinoa.
If you're looking for a one-bowl meal, toss together this colorful, sweet and savory salad featuring sweet potatoes, dried apricots, spinach, and quinoa.Sweet Potato Apricot Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons white balsmic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Crumbled cheese of your choice (optional)
More delish vegan salad recipes!
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 12 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, steam sweet potatoes until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together apricots, spinach, and salad greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper.
- Season quinoa with salt and pepper. Spoon into 4 bowls.
- Drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle salad greens with a little of the vinaigrette, tossing to coat.
- Place salad greens over quinoa.
- Top with sweet potatoes and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette to taste.