Onion And Mushroom Soup Is A Perfect Starter To A Meal Or The Perfect Lunch On A Winter Day.
Onion and mushroom soup is a perfect starter to a meal or the perfect lunch on a winter day.
Onion and mushroom soup is a perfect starter to a meal or the perfect lunch on a winter day.Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, halved, sliced
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Croutons or crusty bread
More vegan soup recipes!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together oil, mushrooms, and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat. Season with rosemary and thyme.
- Stir in wine, broth, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with croutons or bread.