Hearty Salads Are A Great Way To Start The New Year On A Healthy Note. Beets And Apples Add Natural Sweetness And Toothsome Texture To The Usual Green Salad.
Hearty salads are a great way to start the new year on a healthy note. Beets and apples add natural sweetness and toothsome texture to the usual green salad.
Hearty salads are a great way to start the new year on a healthy note. Beets and apples add natural sweetness and toothsome texture to the usual green salad.Sauteed Beet and Apple Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium beets, trimmed, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 apples, cored, sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Crumbled feta-style vegan cheese
More tasty vegan salad recipes!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beets and cook, stirring, to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and cover skillet. Cook for 10 minutes or until beets are just tender.
- Add apples and continue to cook, stirring often, until apples are just tender.
- In a large bowl, combine beet mixture, greens, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with cheese.