Simple, Filling, And Fabulous, This Pasta Recipe Is Perfect For The Holiday Season Or Any Time You Crave Comfort Food.
Simple, filling, and fabulous, this pasta recipe is perfect for the holiday season or any time you crave comfort food.
Simple, filling, and fabulous, this pasta recipe is perfect for the holiday season or any time you crave comfort food.Pasta with Leeks and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 8 ounces gemelli or corkscrew pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, end and green parts trimmed, sliced crosswise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for vegetarians)
More delish vegan dinner recipes!
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring often, until leek is tender.
- Add tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add broth, herbs, zest, juice, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet, tossing to combine ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese, if using.