Banana Bread Is Always A Winner For Breakfast Or For The Afternoon Cup Of Coffee Or Tea. This Vegan Baking Recipe Is A Holiday Favorite, Especially If You Have Hungry Guests To Feed.
Banana bread is always a winner for breakfast or for the afternoon cup of coffee or tea. This vegan baking recipe is a holiday favorite, especially if you have hungry guests to feed.
Banana bread is always a winner for breakfast or for the afternoon cup of coffee or tea. This vegan baking recipe is a holiday favorite, especially if you have hungry guests to feed.Banana Pecan Quick Bread
Yields 1 loaf, 8 servingsIngredients:
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
More delicious vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water. Set aside.
- In a second small bowl, combine almond milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes or until it becomes "buttermilk".
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and zest.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add vanilla and flax mixture and beat until smooth. Add bananas and beat until smooth.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and "buttermilk", beating on low until incorporated. Increase speed to beat until just blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to continue to cool.