Cranberries Are In-Season, Loaded With Antioxidants, And Add Gorgeous Color To These Vegan Breakfast Treats. Serve Cranberry Scones On Christmas Morning For A Special Start To The Holiday.
Cranberries are in-season, loaded with antioxidants, and add gorgeous color to these vegan breakfast treats. Serve cranberry scones on Christmas morning for a special start to the holiday.
Cranberries are in-season, loaded with antioxidants, and add gorgeous color to these vegan breakfast treats. Serve cranberry scones on Christmas morning for a special start to the holiday.Cranberry Scones
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
More delicious vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together cranberries and orange juice. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes or until it becomes "buttermilk".
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and zest.
- Add butter to flour mixture and use your fingers to rub butter into dry ingredients.
- Add almond milk and stir until moistened.
- Drain orange juice from the cranberries. Add to the flour mixture along with the walnuts, stirring to combine.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times into an 8-inch flat disk.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned and firm. Serve warm.