We Love Sheryl Goldstein's Gluten-Free Recipes! She Is The Author Of The No Gluten Solution, Cooking For Family And Friends Cookbook. This Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Recipe Is Super Yummy And Perfect For When You Have Guests.
We love Sheryl Goldstein's gluten-free recipes! She is the author of The No Gluten Solution, Cooking for Family and Friends cookbook. This gluten-free vegan dinner recipe is super yummy and perfect for when you have guests.
We love Sheryl Goldstein's gluten-free recipes! She is the author of The No Gluten Solution, Cooking for Family and Friends
cookbook. This gluten-free vegan dinner recipe is super yummy and perfect for when you have guests.
Brown Rice-Stuffed Peppers
"This dish not only tastes great but the presentation is fabulous when you bring out these glistening stuffed pepper finished with their tops perched like little hats," says Goldstein. "The peppers can be prepared in the morning and served at room temperature."
- 6 yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked long grain or jasmine brown rice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
More vegan dinner recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in skillet over medium heat, and add onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent. Stir in tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cranberries, parsley, cilantro, turmeric, coriander, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer contents of skillet to bowl and stir in rice.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and set aside. De-seed and remove membranes from peppers, being careful not to puncture the peppers.
- Rub peppers with olive oil and place peppers standing upright in greased casserole dish.
- Fill each pepper with rice mixture and sprinkle olive oil over the peppers. Replace stem tops to each pepper. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.