Remember Buying That Can Of Yams That You Still Haven't Used? Open It Up And Use It For This Scrumptious Vegetarian Dessert Recipe That Can Be Served At Your Next Holiday Gathering.
Remember buying that can of yams that you still haven't used? Open it up and use it for this scrumptious vegetarian dessert recipe that can be served at your next holiday gathering.
Remember buying that can of yams that you still haven't used? Open it up and use it for this scrumptious vegetarian dessert recipe that can be served at your next holiday gathering.Yam Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can Princella or Sugary Sam Mashed Yams or Cut Yams, drained well, mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting of your choice
More vegetarian recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, yams, sugar and oil. Beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 10x15-inch baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with chocolate frosting. Cut into bars and serve.