Christina Ross, food editor at Natural Child World Magazine, is a raw food advocate. She's followed the raw food diet, had a a mind-body transformation, and wants to share her experience as well as her favorite raw food dessert recipes.
Christina Ross, food editor at Natural Child World Magazine, is a raw food advocate. She's followed the raw food diet, had a a mind-body transformation, and wants to share her experience as well as her favorite raw food dessert recipes.Miso Vegan: Why did you adopt the raw food diet?Christina Ross:
I adopted a raw food diet once my life partner and I met. We fell in love and instantly started making healthier lifestyle changes. Our goal individually and as a couple was to gain more energy and clarity to be able to express our creativity more. I never imagined having more energy, happiness, clarity, and vibrancy and through my diet alone I discovered a whole new meaning of what food was and how it worked with the human body on a mental, physical and spiritual level and I also lost 15 pounds in the first month and have kept it off easily ever since.Miso Vegan: Do you eat raw food exclusively or do you also cook some dishes?Christina Ross:
For the first year and a half I ate strictly raw foods and over the past couple of years I have added cooked organic and vegan foods to my diet as I found myself longing for warmth and variety in foods such as quinoa, romanesco, artichokes, eggplant and tempeh. My approach to food now is more balanced than ever before, and I can't imagine any other way to have achieved this balance if it weren't for the profound transformation raw foods had over me and my partner.Miso Vegan: How has the raw food diet changed your life?Christina Ross:
With the new found energy I gained I went on to start PatisseRaw
, a line of raw and vegan desserts, I knew I had to share the wealth of delicious and vibrant cuisine with the world, it became my mission after two weeks of eating raw foods to enlighten others about the transformational powers that our diets can have in our life and what better way to learn a good lesson than over a piece of cake that is nutritious and delicious. It's been a sweet journey since my first step into raw foods and one that has greatly transformed my life beautifully forever.Miso Vegan: What basic tips can you give readers to adopt a raw food diet?Christina Ross:
There are many but here are my top recommendations:
More about Natural Child World Magazine
- Start simply with fresh pressed juices, smoothies or fruit salads for breakfast, have salads for lunch and easy and delicious dinners such as vegetable ceviche or try replacing your regular pasta with zucchini noodles.
- Approach eating raw as an exciting new experiment, get curious and get excited to play with and discover food in a whole new way.
- Make a dessert for yourself. This alone may get you hooked to eating raw not to mention the added bonus of clear skin, mental clarity, more happiness, energy and vitality that will have you energized for leading a life full of happiness and health.
- Have fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, hummus, guacamole, nut butters and raw chocolate on hand for snacking.
- Eat only raw foods for two weeks and that alone will have profound transformation over your future food choices. Chances are you too will lose weight, get rid of food addictions to things like sugar, coffee and carbs as well as have an abundance of energy that you will be ready to put to great use.
Natural Child World Magazine is a sophisticated, sustainable lifestyle magazine for the modern family. Natural Child World is a multimedia platform that addresses the needs of the modern family. It is the #1 resource for parents who want to make better choices for themselves and the people they love the most, without sacrificing the things they like the most. From design in Copenhagen to fashion in New York, to lifestyle and well-being around the globe, Natural Child World offers a global look at parenting in the modern world. Natural Child World is sold nationwide at top retailers including; Whole Foods, Barnes & Noble, Target, and many more. For the digital version, go to NaturalChildWorld.com
Ross also shared two of her favorite raw food recipes for the holidays: