This incredibly delicious knee-weakening cinnamon whipped cream by vegan chef Chloe Coscarelli of the new food-centric YouTube channel HUNGRY
can be served on breakfast, dessert, or drink recipes that need a creamy, dreamy topping. She especially loves this vegan whipped cream on her Sweet Potato Pancakes
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
For best results, coconut whipped cream should chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving.
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can of coconut milk (not lite), preferably Thai Kitchen brand or Whole Foods 365 brand, chilled, not stirred
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Chloe’s Tip: Work Quickly
- Chill the bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer for about 10 minutes. If they are not very cold, the cream will not whip properly.
- Skim the solidified coconut cream from the chilled can of coconut milk and transfer the solids to the bowl of the stand mixer. Do not include any of the coconut water, even if you have to leave behind a little margin of coconut cream (even a little bit of coconut water can harm your results).
- Add powdered sugar and cinnamon, and whip for a few minutes until the mixture begins to stiffen and turn into whipped cream.
- Chill the whipped cream in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should firm up even more as it sits in the refrigerator for the next few hours or overnight.
The colder your kitchen and equipment are, the better your whipped cream will hold up. Work quickly to keep everything cool.
More yummy vegan recipes!