Vegan Chef Chloe Coscarelli Of The New Food-Centric YouTube Channel HUNGRY Shares One Of Her Favorite Vegan Breakfast Recipes.
Need a special breakfast recipe for your holiday mornings when guests wake up joyful and hungry? Vegan chef Chloe Coscarelli of the new food-centric YouTube channel HUNGRY shares with Miso Vegan one of her favorite vegan breakfast recipes, which is part of HUNGRY's Holiday Kitchen series.
Need a special breakfast recipe for your holiday mornings when guests wake up joyful and hungry? Vegan chef Chloe Coscarelli of the new food-centric YouTube channel HUNGRY
shares with Miso Vegan one of her favorite vegan breakfast recipes, which is part of HUNGRY's Holiday Kitchen series.Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Makes 12 to 14 pancakesIngredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2Â teaspoon salt
- 1/2Â teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2Â teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2Â teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups soy, almond, or rice milk
- 3/4Â cup mashed cooked sweet potato, cooled (about 1 small sweet potato)
- 1/2Â cup mini chocolate chips, dairy free
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Canola oil, for pan
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream
More vegan breakfast recipes!
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In a separate small bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk, sweet potato puree, and maple syrup.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix; the batter should have some lumps.
- Lightly oil a large nonstick skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. PourÂ 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet. Let cook for about 2 minutes until bubbles appear in the center of the pancake.
- Flip, and let cook on the other side until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 more minutes. These pancakes will need to cook slightly longer than your average pancake since the sweet potato adds extra moisture.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. If the batter becomes too thick, add a little more nondairy milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- To serve, dust pancakes with powdered sugar and top with a dollop of Cinnamon Whipped Cream.