Wake Up Your Palate!
Wake up your taste buds with this homemade pepper jelly. It's delectable slathered on toast but is even more amazing when warmed and drizzled on waffles or pancakes. Best yet, you can make a double batch and give it as gifts this holiday season.
Hot Pepper Jelly
Yields 6 to 7 half-pint jars
- 1 cup finely chopped jalapenos (remove seeds)
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 (3-ounce) envelopes liquid pectin
- A few drops natural green food coloring
- Prepare 7 canning jars and lids as directed by manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large pot, combine jalapeno, pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Turn heat to medium and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Add pectin and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove pot from heat and ladle to prepared jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Place lids on jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water and let cool for 20 minutes. Gently tilt jars around to evenly distribute pepper pieces.
- Let cool completely.
More vegan Mexican recipes
Vegan spinach and tofu enchiladas
Vegan tamale pie
Vegan tres leches cake