Looking For A "Meaty" Flavorful Holiday Appetizer? Put This Vegan Bruschetta On Your Holiday Entertaining Menu.
Looking for a "meaty" flavorful holiday appetizer? Put this vegan bruschetta on your holiday entertaining menu.
Looking for a "meaty" flavorful holiday appetizer? Put this vegan bruschetta on your holiday entertaining menu.Portobello Mushrooms Bruschetta
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced crosswise
- Fresh herbs
More tasty vegan appetizer recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush mushrooms with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Place mushrooms in skillet and cover. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until mushrooms are softened and lightly browned.
- Transfer mushrooms to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and cook onion, stirring often, until softened. Add mushrooms and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and set aside and keep warm.
- Brush 1 side of each slice of baguette with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven to toast bread.
- Pile mushrooms on toasts and serve warm, garnished with fresh herbs. (Vegetarians can garnish with a sprinkling of finely grated Parmesan cheese.)