When Your Taste Buds Tire Of Bold-Flavored Chili, Try This Lighter Protein- And Fiber-Rich Three Bean Soup, Featuring Edamame, Kidney Beans, And Pink Beans.
When your taste buds tire of bold-flavored chili, try this lighter protein- and fiber-rich three bean soup, featuring edamame, kidney beans, and pink beans.
When your taste buds tire of bold-flavored chili, try this lighter protein- and fiber-rich three bean soup, featuring edamame, kidney beans, and pink beans.Vegan Three Bean Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pink beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
More tasty vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and oregano, and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and edamame, parsley, and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot.