Warm Up The End Of Your Day With This Nourishing, Soul-Soothing Vegan Soup Featuring Flavor-Rich Wild Mushrooms, Peas, Carrots, And Rice.
Warm up the end of your day with this nourishing, soul-soothing vegan soup featuring flavor-rich wild mushrooms, peas, carrots, and rice.
Warm up the end of your day with this nourishing, soul-soothing vegan soup featuring flavor-rich wild mushrooms, peas, carrots, and rice.Wild Mushroom Rice Soup
- 1 ounce dried wild mushrooms
- Boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 6 ounces sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
More tasty vegan soup recipes!
- Place dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soak.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, white and fresh wild mushrooms, and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until ingredients are softened. Add garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Drain rehydrated wild mushrooms, chop, and add to the pot along with the broth. Bring to a high simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rice, peas, thyme, and parsley. Bring to a simmer again. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.