Tender Roasted Butternut Squash Tossed With Onion, Cranberries, Kale And Pumpkin Seeds Is A Nutritious And Delicious Holiday Side Dish That Is Easy Enough To Serve For Everyday Meals.
Tender roasted butternut squash tossed with onion, cranberries, kale and pumpkin seeds is a nutritious and delicious holiday side dish that is easy enough to serve for everyday meals.
Tender roasted butternut squash tossed with onion, cranberries, kale and pumpkin seeds is a nutritious and delicious holiday side dish that is easy enough to serve for everyday meals.Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, of Mariaâs Homemade line of prepared foods at Westside Market NYC
- 1 medium (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, seeded, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves sliced into 1-inch wide pieces
- 1 medium white onion, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cupÂ toasted pumpkin seedsÂ
More tasty vegan holiday recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the butternut squash with salt, cloves, nutmeg and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Place the butternut squash in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave at room temperature.
- In the meantime, cook the kale for 3 to 4 minutes in a large pot of boiling water. Remove the kale and place in cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the onion for about 5 minutes, then add in the cranberries. SautÃ© for 2 minutes and add in the pumpkin seeds, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add and mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve.