Celebrate Apple Season With This Sweet And Easy Vegan Cake Recipe. Serve It For Breakfast, Snack, Or Dessert.
Celebrate apple season with this sweet and easy vegan cake recipe. Serve it for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Celebrate apple season with this sweet and easy vegan cake recipe. Serve it for breakfast, snack, or dessert.Apple Ginger Snack Cake
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large apples, cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 cups crumble topping
More delish vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine vegan butter and sugar. Beat until creamy. Beat in flax mixture and then vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to mixer bowl and blend on low until ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Add apples and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Spread batter in prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with crumble topping.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place dish on a wire rack and let the cake cool before slicing and serving.