"Buttered" Toasted Bread Generously Layered With Thin Sliced Vegetables And Grilled Until Warm Makes A Scrumptious Vegan Lunch.
"Buttered" toasted bread generously layered with thin sliced vegetables and grilled until warm makes a scrumptious vegan lunch.
"Buttered" toasted bread generously layered with thin sliced vegetables and grilled until warm makes a scrumptious vegan lunch.Grilled Veggie Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips with vegetable peeler
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers in a jar, drained
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices vegan bread
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons pesto
More tasty vegan lunch recipes!Â
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and cook, tossing often with tongs, until tender.
- Add peppers and artichoke hearts, tossing to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter and the other side with pesto.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush with oil.
- Lay 2 slices of bread buttered side down in the skillet and pile with zucchini mixture. Set remaining 2 slices of bread overtop mayonnaise side down.
- Cover skillet with a lid and cook for 3 minutes or untilÂ sandwiches are lightly browned on the bottom. Use a spatula to carefully flip sandwiches and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Transfer toÂ serving plates, slice, and serve.