Impressive As A Vegan Holiday Dinner But Easy Enough To Make Any Day Of The Week, This Beautiful Pasta Dish Boasts Tender, Golden Eggplant And Gorgeous Red Bell Peppers.
Impressive as a vegan holiday dinner but easy enough to make any day of the week, this beautiful pasta dish boasts tender, golden eggplant, vine-ripe tomatoes, and gorgeous red bell pepper.
Impressive as a vegan holiday dinner but easy enough to make any day of the week, this beautiful pasta dish boasts tender, golden eggplant, vine-ripe tomatoes,Â and gorgeous red bell pepper.Spaghetti with Eggplant and Peppers
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1Â red bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Shaved Parmesan, for vegetarians
More delish vegan dinner recipes!
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, eggplant, and pepper. Generously season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, sage, and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Curl spaghetti onto serving plates. Top with eggplant mixture and shaved Parmesan, if using.