Need An Impressive And Easy Vegan Holiday Appetizer? Try These Bite-Sized Peppers Stuffed With Quick-Cooking Couscous And Currants.
Need an impressive and easy vegan holiday appetizer? Try these bite-sized peppers stuffed with quick-cooking couscous and currants.
Need an impressive and easy vegan holiday appetizer? Try these bite-sized peppers stuffed with quick-cooking couscous and currants.Couscous and Currant Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 sweet peppers or large jalapenos (slit, seeds and membranes removed)
More tasty vegan appetizer recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium pot, bring couscous and broth to a boil. Cover pot and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine currants, tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Fluff couscous and add to the currant mixture, tossing well to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Stuff peppers with couscous mixture and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers have softened.