Even Your Snack Bars Can Be In-Season When You Incorporate Fitting Ingredients. For Fall, We're Adding Pumpkin And Warm Spices To Update This Healthy On-The-Go Vegan Snack.
Even your snack bars can be in-season when you incorporate fitting ingredients. For fall, we're adding pumpkin and warm spices to update this healthy on-the-go vegan snack.
Even your snack bars can be in-season when you incorporate fitting ingredients. For fall, we're adding pumpkin and warm spices to update this healthy on-the-go vegan snack.Pumpkin Oat Bars
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1-1/4 cups steel cut oats
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 6 ounces chopped dark chocolate
More delish vegan snack recipes!
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, almond milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in oats and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- Place dish in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the oat mixture.
- Cut into bars and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the bottoms of the bars in the chocolate and set upside down on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place in the freezer until chocolate is set.
- Turn bars over and drizzle the tops with chocolate. Freeze until set.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container layered with waxed paper for up to 4 days.