Pumpkin, Coconut Milk, Raisins, And Rice Meld Deliciously In This Vegan Holiday Recipe. Serve It As An Extra Special Breakfast Or Present It As A Seasonal Vegan Dessert.
Pumpkin, coconut milk, raisins, and rice meld deliciously in this vegan holiday recipe. Serve it as an extra special breakfast or present it as a seasonal vegan dessert.
Pumpkin, coconut milk, raisins, and rice meld deliciously in this vegan holiday recipe. Serve it as an extra special breakfast or present it as a seasonal vegan dessert.Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Serves 6 to 8Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Egg replacer equivalent for 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
More tasty vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in aÂ large bowl, whisk together egg replacer,Â coconut milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, lemon zest, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir riceÂ and raisins into coconut milk mixture. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Set baking dish in a larger baking pan and pour boiling water into the larger baking pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the baking dishÂ containing rice mixture.
- Bake forÂ 45 to 55 minutes or until rice is set and lightly browned. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm.