Tender Warm Apples Stuffed With Gooey Sweetness And Nuts Are An Easy Vegan Dessert That You Can Serve For Autumn-Inspired Sweet Tooths And Holiday Gatherings.
Tender warm apples stuffed with gooey sweetness and nuts are an easy vegan dessert that you can serve for autumn-inspired sweet tooths and holiday gatherings.
Tender warmÂ apples stuffed with gooey sweetness and nuts are an easy vegan dessert that you can serve for autumn-inspired sweet tooths and holiday gatherings.Baked Cinnamon Walnut Apples
- 6 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup water
More tasty vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut the top 1/4 of each apple and core the apples almost to the bottom. You don't want to core all the way through or the filling will ooze out when baking.
- Score each apple around the middle to allow for apples to expand during baking.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, walnuts, and raisins.
- Spoon walnut mixture evenly into the cored centers of the apples, then press pieces of butter onto the top of each apple.
- Place the apples cut side up in prepared baking dish.
- Pour water in the bottom of the baking dish and cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the apples are fork tender. Serve warm.