Sometimes I Prefer A Enchilada Covered In Bubbling Hot Red Sauce And Other Times I Don't Want To Wait For A Batch Of Enchiladas To Bake And Make A Quick Enchilada That Doesn't Require Oven Time.
Sometimes I prefer a enchilada covered in bubbling hot red sauce and other times I don't want to wait for a batch of enchiladas to bake and make a quick enchilada that doesn't require oven time.
Sometimes I prefer a enchiladaÂ covered in bubbling hot red sauce and other times I don't want to wait for a batch of enchiladas to bake and make a quick enchilada that doesn't require oven time.Quick Bean Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder or more to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro plus whole leaves for garnish
- 4 large whole grain flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa fresca
More tasty vegan Mexican recipes!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned.
- Stir in black beans and chile powder. Cook, stirring often, to combine onion mixture with beans. If beans are thick, add a bit of water to thin consistency for easier blending.
- Stir in beans, chilies, and cilantro and cook, stirring often, for a few minutes or until heated through.
- Fill tortillas with bean filling and set on a plate, seam-side down.
- Quickly spoon enchilada sauce over filled tortillas and top with cheese and salsa.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve immediately.